Hot, exotic blend of herbs and spices...
The quintessential taste of Jamaica - a hot, exotic blend of herbs and spices. To be used in the preparation of meats, poultry or seafood prior to grilling. A small amount provides a subtle addition for stews and gravies.
This unique formulation can be used as marinade before cooking, added during cooking, or served at the table.
Each of the collection of spicy sauces is superlative in it's own way. Busha Browne's Original Spicy Jerk Sauce.
Recipe - Jerk Shrimp Salad
- 1 lb shrimp (16-20) peeled and deviened.
- Juice of two limes
- 1 tbs olive oil, plus extra for brushing the grill
- 2 tbs Busha Browne's Spicy Jerk Sauce
- 1 head fresh romaine lettuce
- 1 carrot juliened
- 1 cucumber — seeded & juliened
- 1 green papaya — juliened
- 3 med tomato's — seeded & juliened
- 3 tbs italian salad dressing
- 1 tbs cherry (marachino) juice
Busha Browne's Spicy Jerk Sauce adds a curiously delightful flavour to casseroles, stews , meats, poultry and seafood dishes.
Wash shrimp with lime juice — add Jerk Sauce and olive oil allow to marinate 1 hour. While shrimp marinates — wash & prepare salad ingredients and set aside. Prepare cherry dressing — combine italian dressing and cherry juice and shake well to combine.
Grill shrimp over med/high heat until cooked through, toss salad with dressing and place shrimp on top.